The interview is a fact finding process for the purpose of selecting the best candidate for the position offered.
Interviews can be intimidating. Employers ask questions not only to determine what skills and experience you have but; how you will behave and react during the interview. They want to discover how you’ll handle certain situations.
Often the interviewer is not only looking for how you meet the skill-set, but assessing your behavioral patterns as well, so it’s important to be prepared to provide detailed and specific responses.
During the interview process the interviewer is interested in discovering the candidate’s “Personal Characteristics” because in order to determine whether there will be a good fit with the rest of the organization’s team members.
The crucial points the Interviewer looks for:
- Is the candidate’s experience relevant to the position offered?
- Does the candidate have a consistent Track Record?
- Does the candidate demonstrate consistent and impressive achievements?
- Does the candidate demonstrate a “can do” attitude?
- The Interview Process:
- Interview Etiquette
- Typical Interview Questions
- Sample Answers
- Skills Exercises